After the year that we had in 2020, we are all hoping, and still are hoping that 2021 will be better, even if its just by a little bit. So, January 2021 was definitely a very important month for all of us- to make sure that the year starts off on the right foot and the right tone. January went by like a whirlwind for me, but it also helped me realize some things that will definitely help me a lot for the rest of the year.
The first quarter of the business year is definitely a busy one, especially as many businesses are trying to recoup their losses from 2020. However, I didn’t expect January to be that busy! I was swamped with a lot of big and stressful tasks at work, mostly with year end reports and plans for my department for a pretty big milestone year for the company. Aside from this, I stressed myself even more out by doing a lot of work for my current YouTube channel, The Kat’s Cafe. I think that I also got a bit too excited about all the plans I had for myself for 2021. So, I found myself eating later than my usual scheduled eating time and having trouble sleeping early. All of this tired me out, and the last straw, I guess, was me pushing myself too hard exercise-wise. So, it was a good thing that I ended up accompanying my younger sister in her staycation at a five star hotel at the end of January. (Don’t worry, all COVID-19 measures were taken). I had no idea that I really needed to get out of the house to really unwind, relax and recharge. It really helped, and it was more relaxing than the staycations I now am used to taking at home.
If there was one thing that I learned in January, it was that I really need to pace myself and make sure that I really have time for self-care. I don’t want to feel like how I felt at the end of January- exhausted, and feeling that I’ve already gone through around three months of the year. I always thought that I knew how to pace myself and prioritize self-care, but I was so busy with work, chores, and getting YouTube stuff running that I forgot about how important that was. So, this February, I’ll really take these lessons to heart, and practice self-care more. And, what better way to really practice self-care more than February, the month of love?
Top Favorite Things In January 2021
1.An Impromptu Staycation- My younger sister and I booked a room for two for an overnight stay at one of the finest five star hotels in Manila, The Manila Peninsula, as they are currently running good promotions for their rooms. All the necessary COVID-19 prevention measures were followed for this one. It was a good and relaxing staycation, and we fully took advantage of the tub in the bathroom to soak in it not just once, but twice!
2.Receiving my Pentagon signed album-Ever since I decided to make Pentagon one of my ultimate groups, I have been looking forward to getting a signed album from them. I’m so happy to have an eight member signed album, and my next goal is to get myself a nine member signed one (or a ten member signed one) in the future!
3.Finishing my photocard sets for Pentagon’s WE:TH- As a photocard collector, there is nothing more satisfying than actually completing a collection, and I really worked hard to complete this one as fast as I could!
4. Self-Care by Soaking in a Hot Tub-I forgot how important self-care was until the staycation I had at the end of January. Soaking in a hot tub is my ultimate method of self-care!
5. Having Time to Eat A Good Breakfast (Sometimes)- Lately, because of work, I haven’t really been able to relax in the morning and eat a good breakfast to start my day on the right foot. So, I really cherish the days that I’m actually able to do that.
Top Things I’m Looking Forward to in February 2021
1.Kim Myung Soo’s Fanmeeting- Myung Soo is one of my kpop ultimate biases, and he’s enlisting as a marine for his mandatory military service at the end of February, which means we won’t see him for two years. So, I’m so happy that he managed to squeeze in an online fanmeeting for us fans before he left. I can’t wait to see him again, even though its online, at least one more time before he goes.
2. Watching Kdramas Again-Because I’ve been so busy watching Kpop content last year, I wasn’t really able to watch a lot of Kdramas. However, this year, as I do hope to watch more Kdramas so I can do more Kdrama reviews on my other blog!
3. Self-Care Days Twice a Month- One of the biggest lessons I learned last month was to really prioritize self-care. So, I have made it a goal of mine to have at least two self-care days per month using my favorite methods of relaxation-reading a book, doing nothing, putting on a face mask, and soaking in a hot tub as we do have a bathtub at home.
4. Doing My Weaving Kit-I was so busy in January that I had no time to actually do my Seventeen Semicolon weaving kit, so in February, I hope do be able to set aside some time to be able to do it.
5. Launching the Asian Aspergirl YouTube Channel- This is the big one. Unlike The Kat’s Cafe YouTube channel, the YouTube channel for this blog needs more work, as I have to come up with more ideas from scratch. With The Kat’s Cafe, the material is already there for me, but I have to really sit down and conceptualize each video post. However, I’ve managed to film some footage so all I need to do is put things together!
How was your January? What lessons did you learn in January that you will bring to the rest of the year? What are you looking forward to in February? Let me know in the comments below!
P.S. You’ll also be able to see my Top Five Favorites in January 2021 list in video form soon! Stay tuned for that!