I can’t believe that Christmas is next week.
This past week was a pretty special one to me, as it was my birthday week. I really do love celebrating my birthday, and I wondered how different it would be this year as we are all still staying home. It was a pretty chill and fun birthday weekend full of family, friends, Kpop, sweets, and random Kpop zumba/dancing.
I thought I would feel a little bit older this year, but instead of that, I’m just really excited as to what this year will bring. I have many things lined up that I do hope to accomplish, and I hope to be able to be more creative next year despite the busy work schedule!
The Aspergirl’s Favorite Things for Week 40(aka the things that kept her sane)
1. Celebrating My Birthday for a Weekend- I turned 33 this week. It was a pretty chill birthday. I’m thankful to everyone who greeted me and wished me a happy birthday, and for those that gave me some interesting gifts. I tried turning it into a weekend long affair since my birthday fell on a Friday, and I did have a lot of fun. My family gave me a slice of apple pie and some vegan & dairy peanut butter cups, we did some Kpop zumba, watched Christmas concerts (JoJo & Josh Groban), and a friend of mine gave me two photocards and a lot of cute stickers! Aside from being happy that I got to have a good time with my family, I am very excited to see what adventures my 33rd year will bring.
2. Discovering GOT7- I’ve heard of GOT7 before, but never actually tried listening to their music before. I really liked Hard Carry, but didn’t know much about them except of their reputation and the names of the members. To my surprise their music really sounded easy on my ears and I vibed with it right away! Can’t wait to get to know them more!
3. Kim Sunggyu’s Comeback- After a whole year of waiting, we finally got a comeback from Infinite’s leader, Kim Sunggyu, and his comeback didn’t disappoint at all! I like that he tried something different from his previous two mini albums, and most of all, this makes me feel like Infinite is slowly coming back!
4. Rewatching Road to Kingdom- I’ve been rewatching Road to Kingdom, and I’m actually enjoying watching it as I’m watching it now with a completely different mindset than when I was watching it real time. I even got through the emotional parts (of course I cried) fine, I’m looking forward to watching the last few episodes. I’m also having a lot of fun seeing my good friend discovering the Road to Kingdom groups as I’m a fan of all the groups who went on the show.
5. Listening & Partying w/ 2nd Generation Kpop Songs- One thing that I did during my birthday weekend was put on some 2nd Generation Kpop songs and ended up watching 2nd Gen Kpop music videos with my sister. We were watching 2PM, Girl’s Generation, Super Junior, and it was so fun reminiscing how much we really did love 2nd Gen Kpop.
What the Aspergirl is Looking Forward to Week 41
1. Discovering More of GOT7- I really wanted to discover more Kpop music this December, and while I am still doing that, it looks like I’ve kind of fallen head over heels for GOT7. So, I’ll be discovering them more over the next few weeks through some reality shows!
2. Having a Staycation- This coming Monday and Tuesday, I’ll be having my last staycation of the year in my house. I’m pretty sure I’m going to end up filming, but aside from that, I really want to be able to take the time to just rest and have fun!
3. Celebrating Christmas- Christmas is definitely going to be interesting as we are really spending the holidays with our household only, and we won’t be having Christmas or New Year’s celebrations with our extended family. However, I know that it’s still going to be a blast!
4. Finishing Stranger Season 2- Finally, this week, I’ll be able to finish the second season of Stranger with my sister! Apparently, we average four kdramas a year, one per quarter, but its still fun to be able to do this with her!
5. Doing Some Goal Setting for the New Year- This is one thing I’ll be doing during my staycation, as I usually do this during my last staycation of the year, so its kind of tradition at this point. I can’t wait to start setting goals for myself for 2021!