I finally went on my long overdue staycation, and I can confidently say that I’m back now, more refreshed and recharged!
I haven’t really been kind to myself lately, and I’ve been doing more than I can handle. What made it worse was the fact that I was trying to get EVERYTHING done before my staycation days, which left me being very stressed, even though I know that I shouldn’t do things like that. However, the two day staycation really allowed me to have some time to relax and recharge, even though I did do some small chores in between.
For the first day, we didn’t have electricity and had intermittent internet, so I ended up playing some Pokemon on my Gameboy DS, cooked, fixed my photocard binders, watched that 2PM seasons greetings DVD, and caught up on Korean music shows and current promotions that my groups are having. For the second day, I ended up playing Pokemon (again), filmed some unboxings, fixed my Kpop shelf & my small chest as the bubble wrap inside was getting unmanageable, and watched the VOD version of Golden Child’s online concert from last September. I finished the second day of my staycation by catching up on Kpop stuff.
In a nutshell, it was a relaxing staycation in which I relaxed and allowed myself to go with the flow.
I know that next week will be hectic again, but I’ll try my best to space out my tasks so that I don’t get too stressed, and I need to allow myself to relax a bit more, too.
The Aspergirl’s Favorite Things for Week 34(aka the things that kept her sane)
1. Gfriend’s Comeback- Gfriend is back, and although I haven’t listened to the the new album in its entirety yet, I do love the title track Mago, which, is very much in trend as it seems that everyone is doing retro concepts nowadays. However, I loved the disco vibe, and I’m really happy that the girls did a LOT for this album. There are actually three unit songs which the girls worked on in pairs, and I’m so happy that Yuju got to show off her pole dancing skills in the music video as well. I’m very happy with how they were eased into song writing and gaining more creative control, which is very much seen in this album.
2. My Two Day Staycation – This was something that was way overdue. I could feel the stress of work and school work starting to catch up to me, especially with the fact that my department will be doing a lot of insighting, which is very much needed for our 2021 plans, but is something very unfamiliar to us. So yes, this had to happen. Funny thing though, the first day of my staycation coincided with the landfall of a typhoon, which forced me to do offline activities as we had no electricity for a while. However, it was nice to be offline for more than half a day.
3. Downsizing & Coming Up w/My Kpop Collection Rules- I think many people have been downsizing their collections, mostly because the year is about to end. As for me, it took me a week to figure out what I wanted to downsize, what I wanted to keep, and what rules I’ll be sticking to from here on out. I also had to understand that collections evolve and change, and that its okay to downsize on stuff that I’ve unboxed and filmed before if I feel like it doesn’t belong in my collection anymore.
4. Playing Pokemon-One of the things I did during my staycation was to finally sit down with my Gameboy DS and actually continue playing Pokemon Platinum. I’m still in the earlier phases of the game, but it was fun to watch one of my Pokemon actually evolve, and I managed to make it to the next city I was supposed to visit!
5. Re-watching Golden Child’s NOW Concert- One of the things I really wanted to do was to rewatch the VOD of Golden Child’s concert, NOW, which happened last September 13. It was such a treat to watch again, seeing those performances again, actually being able to rewind and rewatch performances I wanted to watch again, and that twelve minute performance in which they performed Wannabe-Without You-One (Lucid Dream) was nothing short of perfection.
What the Aspergirl is Looking Forward to Week 35
1. Kim Sunggyu’s Concert- I’m definitely starting the week right with watching Sunngyu’s concert on the 15th! I’ve always wanted to watch one of his concerts, so I’m glad that Woollim decided to give us an online concert for him, and they partnered yet again with My Music Taste, which is great because the server will be stable and is accessible to international fans!
2. Infinite’s Dong Woo’s Official Military Discharge- Dong Woo will officially be discharged on the 15th, but he’ll be having a welcome back VLive on Monday! I won’t be able to watch it live, but if it has subs, I can always catch up afterwards. I’m just so excited to see Dong Woo again, and that three out of six are back!
3. Playing Pokemon- As I mentioned earlier, I had so much fun playing Pokemon during my staycation, so I’m now making it a point to play for at least two to three hours per week, and to have little goals for myself in playing it. I really do love playing Pokemon as I used to play it as a kid, so I’m glad that I’m back in the groove again.
4. Catching Up on The Boyz’s Promotions- I know that promotions for The Boyz’s The Stealer is already done, but I have more time now to catch up on all the promotions they did during that time period.
5. Taking Things Easy – I think that one thing I’ve always mentioned on this blog is my need to take things a bit easy and not to cram too many things in a week. However, lately, I’ve been thinking that I didn’t have the time or luxury to do this at all, but I know that it has to be done. I know that next week will be busy, but I’ll have to find a way to try to not cram too many things in one day.
Have you been taking things easy lately?