I still can’t get over the fact that we are not just in October, but that we are in the last quarter of the year. This week saw me doing a lot of planning for both myself and for work, despite everything I do need to accomplish for work.
Last week was a very productive week for me, and one thing that I am very happy about is the fact that I was able to set aside some time to really plan out the remaining quarter of the year both for myself personally and for work. It’s going to be a pretty productive quarter, as I’m hoping to be more consistent in some habits that I really want to instill in myself, and at the same time I’ll be doing a lot of research for work, and for a little project I’ll be working on this month.
Despite everything, I will have to remind myself that it’s okay to take it easy from time to time, and that it’s okay if some projects aren’t a hundred percent complete done. What really matters is that it’s moving forward. And to that end, I have decided to take two days off of complete rest and relaxation in the beginning of November.
The Aspergirl’s Favorite Things for Week 29 (aka the things that kept her sane)
1. Kpop Comebacks- Golden Child came back this week with Pump It Up! and I swear, no one does refreshing and bright like Golden Child does. One thing that I loved about this comeback, aside from them returning to their brighter roots, is the fact that each bright concept comeback video they had showed them maturing in a way. This one is really bright, but its done in a way that doesn’t make them seem childish or babyish at all, which I think is amazing. Aside from that, Joohoney from Monsta X dropped an amazing mixtape last Friday! I haven’t heard the entire album yet, but Smokey is an amazing song which fits his vocals well.
2. CIX’s 1st Online Fanmeeting- They finally released the second part of Pentagon’s Variety Lab, and although it was fun, it made me cry as well. Shinwon decided to sing an original song by one of the members; Wooseok, a rapper, decided to sing a ballad; and Yeoone made me cry by singing an OST from a movie but made it feel like a musical. At the end of the day, even though there was an overall winner, both Universe (the fans) and the boys enjoyed the fact that they showcased side of them through this. Hongseok normally posts work out videos, but this time around, he made something like a fifteen minute exercise program that us fans can follow! I tried it out, and it was a good workout indeed!
3. Quarterly & October Planning- I can’t believe that we are in the fourth quarter of the year, and that most of this year has been spent mostly indoors. However, planning out my goals for the rest of the quarter and this month was exciting, especially as I’ll be trying out both new and old things, and as I know that this quarter is going to be very productive without burning myself out. I’m also interested to see how the holidays will turn out to be as this is the first time we’ll all be spending it more or less inside our own homes, with no physical parties to actually attend.
4. Hanging out with my college friends- It’s been several months since I last hung out with my college friends, so it was really nice to be able to catch up with them again. I also can’t believe that so many amazing things have been happening to us as well, despite the fact that most of us have been in lockdown throughout most of this year.
5. Kpop Anniversaries & Album Arrivals – Kpop anniversaries are things to look forward to, and this week, both SF9 and Pentagon both turned 4 years old. It was a very meaningful one as a brand new full fledged fan of Pentagon, especially as their comeback is right around the corner. Another thing that was great was the fact that my 2PM albums arrived! 2PM is an older group, but they have a special place in my heart as they were the ones who got me back into Kpop two years ago, so I’m glad that my 2PM collection is starting.
What the Aspergirl is Looking Forward to Week 30
1. The Marketing Quarterly Report-Now that I’ve finished the mid year report for work, it’s time to get started on the Quarterly Marketing Report. I do a lot of reports for work, but even though the data gathering part is pretty tedious, I like being able to analyze and discover new insights to help our marketing strategy work better.
2. Learning Korean again- One of the things that has been on and off for me this year was language learning. However, I do think that I’ll be able to have a bit more time this month to finally get back to doing this again. I really missed learning Korean, so I hope that it’ll work out well.
3. Kpop Comebacks- I’ve been mentioning that October will be both a fun and very stressful month for Kpop fans due to the sheer amount of comebacks that are coming our way. If last week was all about Golden Child, this week will be all about Pentagon’s and Verivery’s newest mini-albums, although I am more excited about Pentagon’s as I am now a full fledged fan (Universe), as compared to last year.
4. Filming Different Kinds of Videos – I’ve been wanting to put some variety in my YouTube channel, and I think I’ve found the type of videos I want to film for it, so all I need to do now is to sort of prep for it. It isn’t something too complicated, but it’ll be a new experience for me, and I know that after filming one or two of those videos I’ll be able to get the hang of it, just like how I got the hang of filming unboxings after a while.
5. Starting a New Series on this blog- I mostly talk a lot about my YouTube channel plans here, but it’s finally time for me to share some news about some interesting small changes to this blog. Every week I do this weekly review thing, but I’m planning to add in another little “series” to add more variety around here. I’m still working on it, so I can’t really talk much about it now, but readers of this blog can definitely look forward to something new before the month ends!
What are your plans for the last quarter of the year?