To be honest, I’m very fond of the month of October as I do love dressing up/cosplaying for Halloween, and because it means that there are only a few months left until my birthday. However, October also means the start of the last quarter of the year, which also means that there are a lot of plans to be made, and reports to make as well.
To be honest, I felt very meh last week. I think that this was because it was extremely hot last week, and as my usual daily routine felt too much like a routine for my days to be fun. I also had a very difficult time finding moments of actual fun last week as well. However, it is a brand new week, and the start of a new month, so I will try my best to look harder for moments of fun, no matter how small they may be, in order to spice up my days a little bit, and to make it less mundane and routine-like.
Fortunately for me, there are a lot of Kpop happenings for my groups this month, so I think that that will play a big part in helping me look for things to look forward to every single day of the month, and for next week.
The Aspergirl’s Favorite Things for Week 28 (aka the things that kept her sane)
1. Finishing Stranger Season 1-I’m glad that I got the opportunity to rewatch the first season as I was able to appreciate the character arcs of some of the characters this time around, and it was a good refresher for me before I dive into the second season.
2. Pentagon Variety Lab Ep. #6.2 & Hongseok’s Training Boot Camp- They finally released the second part of Pentagon’s Variety Lab, and although it was fun, it made me cry as well. Shinwon decided to sing an original song by one of the members; Wooseok, a rapper, decided to sing a ballad; and Yeoone made me cry by singing an OST from a movie but made it feel like a musical. At the end of the day, even though there was an overall winner, both Universe (the fans) and the boys enjoyed the fact that they showcased side of them through this. Hongseok normally posts work out videos, but this time around, he made something like a fifteen minute exercise program that us fans can follow! I tried it out, and it was a good workout indeed!
3. Testing Out the Work Podcast- I spent a lot of time last week testing out how to make a podcast, which included recording myself and a co-worker, and learning how to edit things on Audacity. It’s actually pretty fun, and I can’t wait to learn more on how to refine my skills for this.
4. The Boyz Winning Twice in Music Shows- I’m so proud of both The Boyz and the fans as we were able to give them two straight music show wins in a row. However, the biggest goal is for them to win on The Show, as one of the members, Juyeon, is an MC there, so it would be very meaningful for him to hand his members that number one trophy!
5. Unboxing my Verivery albums – Verivery just announced their comeback, which will be happening in a couple of weeks, but my albums from their last comeback just got to me. However, I was so excited to unbox them, as I do look forward to their album photobooks, and especially the DIY versions as those versions are scrapbook like and really cute.
What the Aspergirl is Looking Forward to Week 29
1. Watching the Season 2 of Stranger-Now that we’ve finished the first season of Stranger, it’s time to dive into the second season! I’m pretty excited about it as I have no clue what to expect, as this will be my first time to watch it. I’m very excited to see what the second season has to offer.
2. Kpop Comebacks- October is a crazy month for comebacks as everyone is coming back! For next week, I’m really excited about SF9’s special anniversary album with the title track Shine Together, and Golden Child’s comeback, as it seems that we are getting a retro yet bright concept this time, and bright (Golden) Child is my favorite concept on them!
3. Kpop Debut Anniversaries- Aside from comebacks, next week also contains two Kpop anniversaries- SF9’s and Pentagon’s 4th Anniversaries! While I’m not yet super into SF9 yet, I do love their songs, and while I became a fan of Pentagon’s last year, this year’s anniversary is meaningful to me as it’s the first time I’m celebrating it as a full-fledged fan of theirs.
4. CIX’s 1st Online Fanmeeting – I knew that I was going to attend this no matter what, and I can’t wait, especially as I miss these boys, and what with C9 Entertainment not giving us an actual date for the comeback yet. I’m just praying and hoping that the servers won’t crash and that they have a backup just in case it does!
5. Planning for the last quarter of the year- I can’t believe that we have officially entered the last quarter of 2020. And for me, that means that it’s time to start planning out this quarter will look like. Normally, the last quarter of the year is a very hectic time for me, what with Christmas parties and giveaways to plan for the office, but this year it’ll be very different to the situation we are in. Nevertheless, I hope that it will be busy yet not too stressful!