I can’t believe that in three weeks, I’ll actually be hitting the 30th week in quarantine. I still had to take things a little bit slow this week, but thankfully, things picked up a lot for me in the second half of the week.
The first half of the week was spent dealing with my emotions regarding the phishing/scamming incident, so I knew that I did have to take things a little bit slower. Emotions were very high in the household, and I did have a bit of a meltdown that ended up draining me a lot last Monday. Thankfully, my sister was able to help calm me down by shoving the stuffed doll I sleep with in my arms, and she hugged and comforted me until I stopped crying. I noticed that my meltdowns are a bit more violent towards myself lately, especially when I’m feeling large amounts of shame and guilt, which, I think, was a bit magnified by the scamming incident. However, these are all things that I know are deep seated issues and that I need to work on a lot with my therapist, especially as the being violent towards myself has been returning.
The last half of the week was better, and I think it’s because I allowed myself to take things slow as I knew that I was tired both physically, mentally and emotionally because of these things, but there were also a lot of good moments that helped me get back to normal.
The Aspergirl’s Favorite Things for Week 26 (aka the things that kept her sane)
1. Attending The Boyz’s Online Concert- I was really excited about this one, especially as they were supposed to initially have this concert in February. Everyone was stressed for the first hour as the server kept on crashing, but Cre.Ker decided to be proactive about it, and after attempting to fix it for an hour, they decided to switch it to VLive, which is more stable than other servers, and actually made the concert free with a full refund for all those who bought tickets. I feel bad about the refund as this translates as a loss for them, but I’ll try to use that money to rent out a Korean digital streaming pass to help them out especially this September. The concert itself was amazing, and they spoiled us so much from all the performances from the Reveal album, to actually performing one of their new songs, Whiplash, to giving us a ballad encore combined with the addictive Bloom Bloom, and capping everything off with Clover. It was amazing, and because the concert was free, I hope many are motivated to help give them a win for this comeback.
2. Cube Entertainment announcing that Pentagon’s YanAn is back- Pentagon’s Chinese member, YanAn, has been on hiatus for more than a year, but only recently started doing activities (acting) in China. So, many were wondering if he was going to join the other members for the upcoming October comeback. Funny thing is, I was actually watching an old Pentagon VLive when I recieved a notification on Cube’s fancafe. I thought it would be a teaser for the upcoming comeback, but instead, we got a teaser video that showed us that YanAn was back. Twitter went crazy, and many fans, including myself, cried, as we’ve missed him a lot! Welcome back, YanAn!
3. Finally Editing My Backlog Unboxing Videos-I’ve been horribly behind on editing my unboxing videos, and I finally started to get some head way this weekend by starting to catch up on it as I’ve finally edited my July Monsta X unboxing video! I need to speed it up a bit, though!
4. Stray Kids’ Comeback w/ Back Door- I haven’t been able to actually listen to the whole album yet, but their new song, Back Door, is nothing short of a bop. I love the fact that it sounds very different, but I shouldn’t be surprised, as this is Stray Kids your talking about.
5. KNK’s Comeback w/ Ride – I also haven’t been able to listen to their new mini album yet, but I absolutely love their new song, Ride. KNK is an amazing group of really tall boys who’ve been through a lot, and are currently signed to a very small company to the point that they had to do a Makestar fundraising campaign in order for them to get a comeback. I supported them, and I’m happy that their comeback was amazing!
What the Aspergirl is Looking Forward to Week 27
1. The Boyz’s Comeback- So only one day after their concert, The Boyz is coming back with a mini album which I’m really excited for. The Stealer looks less dark than Reveal, but its going to be just as powerful in terms of performance value, and based on the album highlight reel, I know I’m going to love the songs! I already love Whiplash, which they performed yesterday during the concert!
2. Filming a Face Video On the Online Events I’ve Been Attending- I’ve really been wanting to make a “face video”, but I didn’t have the right push that I needed to do so. Given that I do want to talk about the online events that I just went to, this is the push that I need in order to actually bite the bullet and do it. I’ll not only be talking about the events themselves but the technical issues that happened as well.
3. The Launch of a Work Related Event- We’ve been planning this online work related event, and although we hit a few snags it looks like everything will be fine. I am both excited and nervous about it!
4. Re-starting Online School (Coursera) – I haven’t really been doing my online courses due to work and chores, but this week, the week that I was last in will finally open up, so I can’t wait to get back into the swing of things.
5. Listening to More Music During the Week- I normally listen to a lot of music, but I haven’t really been able to that much in the past two weeks, and I also noticed that my mood also went down a bit. Listening to music really helps me cope with things, so I have to remind myself of that and I hope to listen to more music next week.
I cope a lot by listening to music. What is your coping mechanism?