I really can’t believe that it’s September already. It honestly doesn’t feel like the start of the Christmas season at all, as I’m accustomed to hearing Christmas music being played in the convenience store or on radio stations. This week, although there were some fun highlights, I did feel pretty tired, which is making me way more excited for the staycation I’m planning to take this week.
I think I got more tired this week as I ran through so many emotions this week. I know that I do get emotional very often, but it was even more so last week. One thing that really did end up sticking with me is the fact that I’m such a worrier, which is very typical for me being a Type 6 on the Enneagram Test; and the fact that I do have a hard time trusting others when it comes to making the best plans for the family during this situation, as my worst fears as a germaphobe have come true.
I need to learn how to trust and how to let go in terms of that, which is pretty hard for me to do.
The Aspergirl’s Favorite Things for Week 24 (aka the things that kept her sane)
1. Attending Pentagon’s Online Fanmeeting- Pentagon are my fifth favorite kpop group, so it is no surprise that once I heard that Pentagon was going to have an online fanmeeting, that I decided to attend it. It wasn’t as long as Seventeen’s fanmeeting (which was four hours long), but it was enough. They were able to do games, had great performances, and made memories with them even though we couldn’t be physically with them at the moment.
2. Learning More About Pentagon- I’m still learning more about the Pentagon members and am having a lot of fun doing so! While watching, I did fall pretty hard for each and every member, and I finally figured out who my top three favorite members are. I’m still early on in the process, but I’m definitely looking forward to the ride!
3. Receiving my copies of Seventeen’s latest album- Seventeen’s latest Korean album was released in June, and my copies of the album finally arrived! It was definitely worth the wait, although it was confusing, as it’s concept is that it’s a DIY album in the sense that you can decorate it and change how you want to bind it. I’m just so happy that they are finally here after months of waiting!
4. Kpop Comebacks- Both Wonho and Lovelyz had comebacks last week, and they both released great songs! I haven’t heard the full albums yet, just their title tracks. Wonho’s pre-release song Losing You was just beautiful, and his title track, Open Mind is such a bop! I’m just so proud that he really managed to re-debut again as a soloist and I can’t wait to hear the full album! Lovelyz changed up their concept to a darker more mature one, and it really suited the girls a lot! Obliviate sounds like their version of Golden Child’s Wannabe, and I’m looking forward to hearing the rest of the album as well.
5. Finally Editing a Long Overdue Video- Collective hauls are a pain to edit, especially during the months in which I go crazy over buying Kpop merch. That was the case for my very much overdue July 2020 kpop haul, which I only managed to actually edit now. However, it is a good reminder to myself to not go too crazy when I have extra money on hand.
What the Aspergirl is Looking Forward to Week 25
1. Attending Onewe’s First Concert- This is the first concert I’ll be attending this weekend, and I’m so excited for it! Onewe has a very special place in my heart, and I’m so happy that they were given an opportunity to have their first ever concert, although it’ll be in an online setting.
2. Attending Golden Child’s Concert- The second concert for the upcoming weekend is this one, and I’m so proud of them, as this will be their second concert already! I was able to watch their first concert online as it was streamed by their agency, but this is their first time to do an online concert. I even sent in a recording of my voice to add to the fanchant of one of their songs!
3. Staycation- I haven’t really had a chance to breathe since March, so I’m finally going to be able to have a long overdue break. My staycation will only last for two days, but I think that’ll be enough to just have a break from everything.
4. Reading A Book – One of my plans for my staycation is to actually catch up on the book I’ve been trying to finish since the start of the year. I don’t plan to finish it, but to at least read a chapter or two would be enough.
5. Playing Pokemon- Another thing that I really wanted to do this year was to play more Pokemon, something I’ve long since neglected. So, during my staycation, I’m hoping to put in some time to play on my Gameboy.
Have you taken a staycation yet this year? How did it go? Let me know in the comments below!