I can’t believe that it’s already September, the month where, in my country, malls and radio stations start playing Christmas songs. However, as most of us are staying at home, we’ll be the ones playing it in our homes. It also makes me wonder how Christmas and New Year’s festivities will be this year. One thing’s for sure, it’ll probably be over Zoom calls or social distanced as we have no idea when the curve will flatted over here.
A new month also means looking back at what happened last August, and setting goals for the new month. My sister and I do this monthly review and goal setting thing together, and I think that, especially now, it’s helped me focus and gives a little bit of structure when it comes to actually reaching my goals, whether it be big or small.
Last August, I was able to live my main theme of the month, which was to fill up my personal love tank. I did that mostly by exercising, and giving myself events to look forward to-namely a Kpop comeback, and a Kpop online fanmeeting. I was also able to do one of my mini-goals, which was to organize and fix my Kpop shelf.
For this September, my theme or word of the month is Spontaneous Fun, which means that I will allow myself to have fun in the various events I’m attending, and to be spontaneous and go with the flow sometimes instead of being so rigid and fixed on how the “fun” is supposed to happen. I’ll also really put that to the test with my planned staycation at home next week, something that I’ve been needing to do for a while now, as I haven’t really been able to really catch my breath since my grandmother passed away and the whole Metro Manila was placed on community quarantine in March.
The Aspergirl’s Favorite Things for Week 23 (aka the things that kept her sane)
1. Attending my very first Caratland!- Every year, the Kpop group Seventeen holds an annual fanmeeting called Caratland, named after the fandom name, Carat. Normally, to attend Caratland, you have to attend the actual fanmeeting itself, but due to the circumstances now, they decided to make a paid online event, which gave many international fans, including myself, a chance to attend it. Fanmeetings are very different from concerts as there’s usually more fan interactions, so for this online fanmeeting, they had a lot of fun moments in store for the fans! These included a sports competition with a twist, a Seventeen News segment, and a segment in which they pretended to go fifty years in the future and showed us their possible older selves. It was four hours long, but it was definitely worth every minute, despite the lagging connection.
2. Learning More About Pentagon- I’ve loved Pentagon’s music ever since I heard it last year, but I never got super deep into them. As they are my fifth favorite Kpop group, I decided that it was high time to really get to know the group more. And I’m having so much fun doing so. Also, I’ll be attending their online fanmeeting this coming Sunday, so it really was the perfect time to really get to know this group more.
3. Regular Exercise- I’m really loving that I’m getting regular exercise now, and it surprises me as to how far I’ve come with this coach. I used to not want to lift weights because I’ve always thought that I would never be able to do it, but now, I’m able to actually carry ten pounds with way much more ease than before, and I’ve even tried carrying twenty pound ones, too! I like that regular exercise is no so much in my system that even during the times when the coach isn’t available, I do some sort of exercise, mostly yoga, so that I don’t miss out on the three times a week exercise.
4. Seventeen’s Japanese Comeback- I’m not buying their Japanese physical album as Japanese physicals are really expensive, but I did really enjoy their new song, 24H, and the music video is so aesthetically pleasing! I don’t know why but all of Seventeen’s Japanese music videos are really aesthetically pleasing. The song itself was great and catchy as well!
5. Golden Child’s 3rd Debut Anniversary- I can’t believe that last August 27 was my second time celebrating Golden Child’s debut anniversary! This year, they turned three, and I’m just so proud of them and what they have accomplished, especially after they went on hiatus for a year last year. I can’t wait to celebrate more memories with Golden Child, and I’m pretty sure that their upcoming online concert will be nothing short of amazing.
What the Aspergirl is Looking Forward to Week 24
1. Attending the Pentagon Fanmeeting- I just realized that for the first three weekends of September, I’ll be attending online events. This coming Sunday, I’ll be attending Pentagon’s fanmeeting, which will start at around 4PM in my local time. I’m really looking forward to it, despite the fact that the group won’t be complete, especially as they are my fifth favorite kpop group of all time.
2. Celebrating 2PM’s 12th Debut Anniversary- When it comes to my kpop groups, there are my favorite groups, and those that I deem as legendary, which means they don’t belong in that list. One of those groups is 2PM, who will be celebrating their 12th Debut Anniversary this coming September 4. I’ve only started collecting their albums and DVDs, although I know its going to be hard, this is a group that is very special to me as this was the group that really pulled me back into Kpop two years ago. I may not talk about them as often as I do my favorite groups, but they do have a very special place in my heart.
3. Filming a Face Video- I’ve been wanting to do a “Face Video” for a while now. Aside from it helping me gain more confidence, it will be more new content that I can put up on my YouTube channel. I was supposed to do it two weeks ago, but couldn’t as we had to move rooms, and we only truly really got settled in with everything last weekend. However, I’m looking forward to experimenting, and seeing how it goes!
4. Kpop Comebacks- I’m still waiting on the announcement for The Boyz’s upcoming comeback which is supposed to happen this month, but before that, I’m really looking forward to Lovelyz’s comeback on September 1, and Wonho’s comeback on September 4! Lovelyz is a girl group whose music I do enjoy, but I do feel like Woollim doesn’t promote them as much as Golden Child, and they haven’t had a comeback in quite a while. Their new song sounds interesting, more modern, and different from their usual fare, which would be a nice change of pace for them. I’m also very much excited for Wonho’s solo debut. His pre-release song, “Losing You”, was just beautiful, and I like the sound of the title track for the album, based on the MV teaser they released. I’m also excited for Stray Kids’ repackaged album, although I didn’t think that they’d do it this soon! But the repack means that a new song is on its way and will be released on September 14!
5. Finally Finishing Reports & Presentation- I’m still finishing up some reports at work, but I’m finally going to make a big presentation this week to my boss, and I hope that I would have been able to prepare enough for it. I can finally breathe a little bit easier afterwards as this presentation is a big one!