Even though the rainy season began in June, I’m only feeling it now because the rains have gotten stronger, as monsoon rains are really here. It’s a very different experience experiencing the two main seasons we have here stuck at home, and it certainly does have its perks, like not needing to worry about how hot and humid it will be and my shoes not getting destroyed if you have to walk a little bit around the city where I work. However, there are some things that never change, such as my seasonal allergies.
This week’s biggest change was the fact that I have been exercising with a coach online with my younger sister and parents. It’s definitely more intense than what I’ve been doing for the past few months, and several aspects of my routine changed. I was also surprised at how much I needed to rest and recover after exercising, even though right after that (and breakfast), I do dive straight into house chores and work. This manifested mostly in my evening downtimes being longer than usual.
This new change in routine also made me very cranky, and everyday, I did feel like I was running out of time, especially as I did have a lot of meetings, which did take a lot of time out of my other work tasks. I’m glad though, that I was able to pinpoint these things after processing it properly by myself so I could come up with a plan of how to tackle the problem. For the next week, I’ll have to just really accept the fact that I’m still adjusting to this new thing, and to not put too much pressure on myself.
Despite everything, I did have a few awesome wins this week. The first being that after three months of having “training chopsticks”, I can now use chopsticks! This has been a little goal of mine for a while now, and I’m glad that I was able to accomplish it. The second and third one are pretty related to each other as it has to do with finances. I actually opened a savings account that actually has savings in it, and I also added to an investment that a very trusted friend of mine who works in the finance industry is handling for me.
The Aspergirl’s Favorite Things for Week 19 (aka the things that kept her sane)
1. Getting My Very First CIX Albums – Ever since I got into them, I knew that I did want to collect their albums, and I was able to find both sealed onhand versions from an online shop I knew of, and it arrived after just a few days. After checking the random things inside (photocards, etc.) I ended up making the decision that I’ll be trying to collect the photocards and random things of all five members.
2. Exercising With Family- As mentioned earlier, I started exercising with an online coach thrice a week, and the routines are great and definitely more intense than the exercises I was doing before. Even though the biggest con for this is the fact that I need more time to rest and recovery, it’s actually really fun. I also realized that I’m much better when it comes to exercises that require some sort of stamina and endurance such as sets of jumping jacks and high knees, but I have a harder time when it comes to strengthening. However, I’m very much looking forward to the challenge.
3.Having my Therapy Session- I really do look forward to my therapy sessions as I’m able to have a different perspective on the things that I’ve managed to process already on my own. This session, we were able to identify that the main reason why I was being cranky was the fact that I felt that I was running out of time, especially with adding exercise to the already physically taxing chores that I do everyday. We were also able to settle on some simple targets and and goals to work on for the next two weeks, namely working on my sleep schedule again.
4. A Week Full of Work Meetings- Despite the fact that my work meetings did take a lot of time from my other work tasks, all my meetings were very productive and exciting, as it all had to do with future plans for the company and for my department.
5. Finally Unboxing my Monsta X Fantasia Albums- I’ve had the albums on hand for a while but I was only able to find time to actually film an unboxing for it this weekend, and I’m so happy I did! All the album versions had really stunning photoboks and the random stuff that I got were all great, even though I did get duplicates of some things.
What the Aspergirl is Looking Forward to Week 20
1.Working on My Sleep Schedule- As mentioned earlier, one of my goals for this week is to sleep earlier so I can wake up a bit earlier than usual. For me, this means that as much as possible, I’ll be taking a bath at 10PM and I’ll physically be in bed by 11PM so I can wake up at 6AM. My ideal wake up time is really 5AM, but as my therapist says, baby steps first.
2.Streamlining My Kpop Collection- Aside from the fact that I think I’ve been stress buying stuff, I got too excited about lets say, actually completing a binder page in my collection, that I’ve been forgetting my original intentions in starting my collections, and all my collection priorities have kind of gone out the window too. So, my version of streamlining means going back to my intention of collecting, listing down what groups I collect and whom I collect, and really pinpointing what I want particular collections per group to look like, as each group for me would be different. For example, for Infinite, as they are my ultimate group, I collect all the members as thoroughly as I can. However, for some, I’ll just be collecting just the album photocards of my favorite members; while for other groups, I will collect specific special photocards as well. It’s an exciting thing, and I can’t wait to finalize it.
3. Attending Monsta X’s Online Concert- I am really excited for this as this will be my very first Monsta X concert since I got into them. Of course, watching them live would be better, but I’m really happy that they’ve managed to find a way to hold an online concert that many, especially international fans, will be able to experience.
4. Filming Another Photocard Organizing Video- I wrote about this in my last post, but wasn’t able to find the time to actually film it. Hopefully, I’ll be able to film one next week as my photocard pile is getting pretty big. I’m really excited about it as I will be able to actually complete three sets of photocards this time around.
5. Getting Myself Bluetooth Earpods- One of the things that I noticed last week was that aside from getting cranky when I’m cooking alone in the kitchen, that I tend to be very cranky when I can’t really listen to my music when I’m doing chores, specifically, when I’m cleaning our room, the hallways and stairways. I do have wired headphones, but sometimes, I really need to be hands free. So, I decided that it would be worth it to get myself a pair of bluetooth earphones/earpods, especially for those specific days.
Did you have any good wins last week and any small goals for the upcoming week? Let me know in the comments below!