The past couple of weeks definitely took a toll on me, which resulted in me trying to take it easier although I still had to balance work with chores. That, being more kind to myself, having a more positive attitude, and more sleep helped improve things a lot!
Two Sundays ago, I actually sat down and wrote down my work goals in my planner, and forced myself to give myself more realistic goals without feeling bad or guilty that I’m going slower than usual, because in the end, what really matters is that I get to accomplish the work tasks I do need to accomplish. And doing this actually paid of well, as I got to hit most of my work goals and was able to do them well. Doing this also helped me feel less tired, exhausted and overwhelmed as well.
Also, my younger sister and I are still pre-prepping meals on Sundays, but instead of making complicated meals, we are prepping easier things, such as marinades that we can easily cook during the weekday. Doing this not only reduced my stress during Sundays, but definitely reduced my stress as well during weekdays as well. this week, we tried to change things up by prepping a rub for some chicken breasts; and already premixed some ground chicken so that all we need to do on Tuesday is just defrost it, shape it, and fry our chicken patties.
I kew that these kinds of life hacks existed, but never really knew how handy and time saving these things were until now!
The Aspergirl’s Favorite Things for Week 18 (aka the things that kept her sane)
1.Having Lesser Major Goals For the Week- This was one thing that I had to remind myself of. I used to be okay with giving myself a few major work goals for the week, but I guess as things got busier both at work and at home, I ended up trying to force myself to accomplish more than I could handle. After my therapy session, I decided to take things slower, and I’ve been more productive in terms of both house chores and work tasks, which is better than trying to do so many things at once without being able to accomplish anything.
2. Sleeping More- To be honest, my sleeping more didn’t really mean sleeping earlier, but sleeping in more. I didn’t really exercise this week as I felt really exhausted from the past couple of weeks, and felt that that was what I needed, and I was right. I did wake up on time for work, but sleeping in helped me be more refreshed than I was in the past couple of weeks. This also really helped me in sticking to my resolution that I’d be more positive this week.
3.My Younger Sister’s Online Graduation Ceremony- Last Sunday, my youngest sister graduated from college in a virtual online ceremony. She’ll actually be having two ceremonies, the university graduation, which happened last Sunday, and the college ceremony where they’ll flash her picture and her name. I may not show it all the time, but I’m really proud of her! Funny thing is, she graduated mid-year, so thisis actually just a formality.But, all the same, it is a milestone in her life, and I’m glad that we’ll be able to be with her in person, even if it was from the safety of our own homes.
4. Working On My Stray Kids Photocard Collection- Aside from Seventeen, I found myself working more on my Stray Kids collection, in particular, with my Cle:Levanter and Go Live collection. That, however, was triggered by the fact that I know that I do have to be on the lookout for the pre-order stuff that came with the limited version. However, I’m really glad that I’ve been able to find some sellers and made some trades as well!
5. Being More Efficient With My Time (Especially With Chores)- One of the things I was most worried about when it came to my chores is the fact that I spend a lot of time on them. However, I have been able to be more efficient with my time, and have cut my time by half, which gave me some time to actually be able to work on both work and life admin matters that I’ve been putting behind for many weeks now.
What the Aspergirl is Looking Forward to Week 19
1.Exercising w/Family- As mentioned earlier, I haven’t really been able to exercise that much last week, but I’m excited to get back into the groove of things next week. Also, it will be even more fun as I’ll be doing an actual program with most of my family members!
2.Getting My Very First CIX Albums- I’m so excited as I just ordered my very first batch of CIX albums! When it comes to rookie groups that I love, I actually try to complete their discography as fast as I can so that I don’t need to play catch up with them like I do with older groups, and for CIX, me buying both sealed versions of their 2nd Mini Album really marks the beginning of my CIX collection while I wait for their comeback with their 3rd Mini Album.
3. Working More On My Photocard Collection- Last week, I worked more on my Stray Kids and The Boyz photocard collection, so I’m very excited to work on my Gfriend, NCT, and Golden Child collections. This, of course, includes posting new photocards up for trade, and actively looking for trades and sellers on Facebook marketplaces.
4. Filming Another Photocard Organizing Video- Making my first ever photocard organizing video was really an experience, and there were a lot of things that I needed to get used to. So with this second round, I’m hoping that things will be much smoother than before. I’m also excited as this photocard video will actually feature my first ever completed page!
5. Being Mindful About Not Bombarding Myself Too Much- This week was great because I took it slow and was more kind to myself so now, I feel that I’m pretty much back to status quo. However, I need to remind myself and be mindful not to bombard myself too much just because I was able to accomplish more last week.
What is one reminder that you keep mindful about as you enter a new week? Let me know in the comments below!