The last couple of weeks have definitely taken a toll on me, both emotionally and physically. That, combined with other not so great unexpected surprises that kept on throwing me off caused me to have mini meltdowns for around three or four days straight, which was not fun at all. Thankfully, I was able to have therapy this week, and I came out of it with more realistic goals, and a better mindset to tackle everything that will be thrown my way in the next couple of weeks. Aside from that, actually getting a lot of sleep and sleeping in a bit of Sunday helped a lot.
While the first half of the week was pretty tumultuous for me, the last half of the week, all until Sunday were better for me, and that was all thanks to my therapy session on Thursday. Most of all, I was able to be a little bit kinder to myself. My therapist reminded me that it’s okay to do baby steps and that success for now for me should be measured in coping and adjusting instead of how well and how much I’m doing things. I’ve been too hard on myself because my productivity for work and my blogs has been less as it has been replaced mostly with chores.
I also realized that I had stopped doing something that I did at the start of the year, and that really helped my anxiety- gratitude journalling. This wasn’t really much, it was just me listing down five things that made me happy that day, no matter how small or big they were. Doing that would remind me that the day wasn’t as bad as I thought it was, because there were things that I could be happy about. I’ve been doing that same concept here, but lately, I’ve noticed that I’ve just been typing them down without really thinking hard about it, which made me forget that there were things to be grateful for during the week. So, starting from now, I’ll be writing down these things more meaningfully and with more purpose.
The Aspergirl’s Favorite Things for Week 17 (aka the things that kept her sane)
1.Kpop Comebacks- There were a lot of Kpop comebacks for me in Week 17. First off was Gfriend’s comeback with the title track Apple, and I am glad that I was able to catch their showcase that night. A day after that was Jeong Se Woon’s comeback with his first full album with the title track Say Yes, and then rookie group TOO released their comeback a day after that with the mini-album Running TOOgether with the title track Count 1,2. I really liked Gfriend’s new album and I’m very proud that the girl’s really took part in creating the album. I absolutely loved Jeong Se Woon’s and TOO’s comebacks as those albums were fun and bright, and was something I definitely needed as I have been a bit down lately.
2. Discovering Notion- I love productivity tools, especially if it’s one where you can really put a lot of notes and the like in it, which makes Notion the perfect app for me. I’m still in the process of fixing it, but I love that it’s basically a big dashboard for every single thing that I do, whether it be house chores, my blogs, or work; and you can even make it into a notebook or a journal for you. It’s amazing, and it’s something that I’m going to really rely on a lot aside from my planners.
3.Completed DK’s Page for You Made My Dawn & Starting Wonwoo’s- I have hit a milestone in collecting Kpop photocards! It took quite a while, but I was actually able to complete an entire photocard set for one of the three members from Seventeen that I collect! I never thought that that day would come, and it’s only motivating me to keep on collecting and to be better at collecting the other groups and members I collect. I also was able to get one of Wonwoo’s photocards for You Made My Dawn, which will motivate me to collect him better.
4. Therapy- The past few weeks haven’t really been great, and I kind of really exploded, with me having freak outs and pretty bad mini meltdowns almost everyday. So, I ended up having therapy a week earlier than scheduled, but I did really need it. I was able to sort things out, and came out of it feeling less overwhelmed and with a better mindset. With this, I’m really hoping that the coming week will be better, and I know that I’ll be starting the week with a better mindset.
5. Using IMovie & Having a Content Bank- One of the things that got me overwhelmed was the fact that my laptop couldn’t really run Adobe Premiere Pro as its RAM capacity wasn’t high enough. However, I am able to use IMovie now as I’m using one of the office’s IMac’s units for work. And because of this, I was finally able to open to finally open several albums that have been sitting on my shelf for around a week now. And this allowed me to film all of that which gave me a good enough content bank for the next coming weeks! So now, all I need to do is a ton of editing, which I’m finding to be quite easy in IMovie.
What the Aspergirl is Looking Forward to Week 18
1.Experimenting W/My Schedule- One of the reasons why I felt so overwhelmed with my schedule was because I couldn’t seem to find the time to do things such as my studies, and I was trying to find time to also be able to do some work and life admin tasks such as answering emails. After talking it out with my therapist, we both agreed to do baby steps by allowing myself to have an hour everyday to do some admin tasks. I really do want to be able to study again, but she’s right. I’ll get the hang of this first, and then the rest will follow.
2. Setting More Realistic Goals for Myself & Being Able to Hit Them- For this week, I decided to be a bit more realistic about my goals for the week. I really want to be able to get a lot of things done, but I’ll take it step by step. I actually was able to sit down and map out my work tasks, and although I’m a little bit impatient about accomplishing some big ones right away, I know that it isn’t realistic, and I have to accept that. I would rather set goals that I’ll actually be able to hit instead of writing so many goals down, then feeling bad because I wasn’t able to accomplish all of them.
3. Actually Buying Some Things that I’ve Been Procrastinating on Buying- I think that this will appear almost every month and this is why the admin part of my day is important. There are some things that I’ve been procrastinating on buying that I really do need, such as a two tiered acrylic drawer for my dresser so that all my bottles and things on my dresser won’t be too loose and so hard to clean. However, I do plan on getting them next week, as it doesn’t really make sense that I spent a month of talking about it without buying it at all.
4. Pitching an Idea at Work that Impact the Firm’s Future in a Good Way- I have been working on an idea that I’ve been given the go signal to prepare a pitch for, and I’m pretty excited about i as it will definitely positively impact the firm and is geared towards the future legacy of the firm. It’s an idea that I’ve had for two years now and it’s exciting that I’ll finally be able to actually see this come true. I haven’t been able to work on it due to everything that’s been going on, but I’m so excited to get back on it again this week.
5. Being More Accepting and Being Not Too Hard On Myself- The past few weeks were horrible because I expected too much from myself and then I beat myself up over it, which isn’t really mentally healthy. This week, I am looking forward to going into the week with this mindset, as I’m pretty sure that it will help me go through this week in a more positive manner.
I hope that all of you will have an amazing week and to remember not to be too harsh on yourself during this time!