To be honest, that was one of the most tiring weeks I’ve had. Aside from the fact that so much has been going on, my family is now two weeks in without a household staff and with us (mostly us five children), really doing chores. We, especially me, are still adjusting, which has undeniably led to moments of frustration especially when my expectations don’t match up to reality. (In all honestly, even though the chores are divided, it’s really hard work to maintain a house that’s three stories high.)
Expectations vs reality was a big thing that I had to adjust to. I am continually learning how to be okay with everything not being the way I thought it was supposed to go because it only leads to me being frustrated at myself, and I have to continually learn to accept the limitations that I have as well. This particular issue reared its head two Sundays ago, when my sister, whom I partner up with to cook three times a week, and I decided to pre-cook our meals on Sunday. She was only able to help only a little bit as she had a major paper to write, so I ended up breaking down, getting frustrated at all the minor cooking mistakes I was making, and it ended up with my two younger siblings helping out for the second meal I cooked that day.
Another thing that I don’t know how to do anymore is to take it easy and to take a break. Pre-COVID, I would schedule staycations at a nearby hotel so I can get away from the house. However, with the pandemic and household chores to take care of, I don’t know anymore how to take a break. It seems like there’s work or a chore that I have to do all the time. However, I’m trying to see how I can really take little breaks, like taking a night off to relax. Maybe that will help.
If you have any tips or tricks on how I can figure out ways on how to take breaks despite being busy, please do leave them in the comments below!
The Aspergirl’s Favorite Things for Week 16 (aka the things that kept her sane)
1.Kpop Comebacks- For Kpop comebacks last week, the really big one was SF9’s mini album 9loryUS with the title track Summer Breeze. It was a great song and a great mini album, and I can’t wait to get into SF9 after I finish watching everything CIX and Monsta X related. Also, I got into my very first Kpop related fancafe!
2. Watching Hamilton w/my family -Even if I’m no longer in the theater world, I’m still a theater kid at heart. Hamilton is an amazing musical that I love listening too and one of the favorites of my younger sister. We were able to find a way to watch the Disney release, and I’m so happy that my younger siblings and my parents enjoyed it too. I miss watching musicals.
3.Almost Finishing DK’s Photocards for Seventeen’s You Made My Dawn album- As of the moment I’m just one photocard away from finishing the photocards of DK for the Seventeen album You Made My Dawn. It will be a milestone as it will be the very first album inclusions page for the Seventeen section of my binder that I actually filled up.
4. Finding A Better Filming Spot-For my Kat’s Cafe YouTube Channel, I’ve mostly been filming inside my room, but the problem is that its hard to control the sounds that our dachshund makes while I’m filming. For example, he likes to eat when I’m filming…all the time. I found a better spot that’s more manageable, and, it also has better lighting!
5. Becoming More Efficient at Cleaning the Bathroom – I am so proud that when I really push it, I’m actually able to clean the bathroom and the girl’s shared walk-in closet in an hour and a few minutes This, for me, is a milestone as it used to take me double the team to do that.
What the Aspergirl is Looking Forward to Week 17
1.Kpop Comebacks- So many comebacks to look forward to this week!
First off, we have Gfriend’s comeback with their mini album Song of the Siren with the title track Apple which is coming out today, then we have Jeong Se Woon’s comeback on the 14th (tomorrow) with his first full album 24 with the title track Say Yes, then we have TOO with their first ever comeback with Running TOOgether with the title track Count 1,2. I’m excited for Gfriend’s comeback as they are my female ultimate group. Jeong Se Woon is one of the very few soloists that I get excited about as his music is really my cup of tea; and I got to know TOO through Road to Kingdom and based on what I’ve seen, they have a lot of potential, so I’m excited to see where they’ll go.
2. Getting the Hang of Adobe Premiere Pro- So the video editor that I was using, Movavi, didn’t want to export my videos all of a sudden, and it turns out that I do have access to the Adobe Creative Cloud and all the Adobe apps. So I’ve been teaching myself how to use Premiere Pro, and so far it’s been good. I can’t wait to learn more about it, and to see what other things I can do with it that I couldn’t do before in my previous video editor.
3. Actively Reading and Also Posting in CIX’s Fancafe- I got into my very first kpop fancafe last week, which is a big thing, but this also means that I really have to do my goals of actively reading and learning new vocab words through that, and posting on it which will help me practice my Korean writing. I’m a bit nervous about it, but I’m pretty sure that the experience will be fun.
4. Learning How to Goal Set Realistically- I did set goals for myself before, but now that my situation has changed, I have to be more realistic about my deadlines and what I can and cannot accomplish in a given time frame given that half my life has been overtaken by chores. This way, I’ll also be able to manage expectations, and not got upset at myself when I feel that the pace I’m going at is too slow.
5. Figuring Out When To Have Life Admin Days- Life Admin Days or Reset Days are something that I’ve been meaning to do but because everything HAPPENED, I haven’t had the time to do these things. Even for work, one of the most difficult things for me to do is to actually schedule the time to do some admin activities. For life and work, I’m talking about admin tasks such as reading and replying to emails, actually buying some things I need online, paying some bills, fixing my notes, all the way to actually posting the photocards I want to trade on various Facebook marketplaces. Life Reset days for me include just writing this blog entry, and actually sitting down and writing my goals for the upcoming week. I’ve just been so jam packed that when I do have a little free time, it’s usually spent staring into space as I’m mentally and physically exhausted and need to breathe a bit.But I hope that I can find some time on the weekends to that, I can’t wait.
Do you have any interesting tips and tricks on how someone can take mini staycations or restful breaks with a jampacked schedule full of chores and work? Let me know in the comments below!