I cannot believe that we have reached the end of June, and with that, half a year has just literally gone by. This also means that its time to take stock of the first half of the year and plan for the second half, and although it may seem like this year is a weird one, I’m pretty sure that if you take a good look and what you’ve accomplished, especially during the quarantine period, you might see that you’ve actually grown a little bit more, more than you expected.
That being said, I think I’ll also do a review of my first half of 2020 on the blog, and share my goals as well for the second half of 2020.
Two major things that happened during crazily busy week was the fact that I finished the Beginner level lessons on Talk To Me In Korean, and that I started to exercise daily. I honestly thought that both those days would never come, but those just happened.
I’m actually pretty motivated to exercise more, which is what prompted me to make that decision, and I hope to really remember how excited I was about it during the days in which I am less motivated to exercise.
The Aspergirl’s Favorite Things for Week 14 (aka the things that keep her sane)
1.Seventeen’s and Golden Child’s Comebacks– Seventeen is one my male ultimate kpop groups and Golden Child is my top ten favorite groups, so having them both drop comebacks just a day apart was nothing short of surreal. These were the comebacks I was looking forward to the most in June, and it didn’t disappoint!
2. Getting My Very First MonstaX Concert Ticket- I couldn’t believe it when I heard that Monsta X was going to have an online concert in July, and I’m so glad I checked their Instagram when I did! I really love that now there are so many other ways of being able to access concerts online during this period in history, although going to actual concert is way much more fun. I can’t wait though!
3. Being Ahead of Schedule in My Work Related Studies- I’m steadily approaching the last course in my seven course specialization in Digital Marketing, and I’m so glad that I decided to do the course work ahead of the actual due date, as it gives me more breathing time as well before I begin the last course with the main project for the specialization. I’ve been learning a lot of new terms, and what is interesting is that even when I don’t think I’ll be needing the terms or concepts now, situations suddenly come up where I have to apply them.
4. Finally Receiving My Seventeen Season’s Greetings- In the world of Kpop merchandise, there’s something called Season’s Greetings. Each group usually comes out with Season’s Greetings merchandise- it mostly contains a calendar, photocards, and a planner for the upcoming year. I actually ordered mine late last year, but since the seller hasn’t replied to me in a long time, when I found someone that had it onhand, I decided to just go and get one for myself, and I’m so glad that I did!
5. Finishing Level 3 in TTMIK- Last week, I officially finished the last level of the beginner courses in Talk To Me In Korean. This is a huge milestone for me, as I know that the lessons will have less romanization, which will really force me to improve on my listening and reading skills as well.
What the Aspergirl is Looking Forward to Week 16
1.Kpop Comebacks- I think Kpop comebacks will always be part of this list, but it really isn’t that surprising. Today, the 29th, AB6IX’s 2nd Mini Album, VIVID will be released. I’m really excited for new music from them, although I think I can’t stan them yet fully as leader Youngmin’s departure is too fresh for me still. Pentagon will be releasing a special single music video tomorrow for Basquiat, which was the song they used for their final performance in Road to Kingdom. I’m really excited for the music video, and to be honest, I’d love for them to promote this so that we can start working on giving them a music show win for once. Lastyly, Verivery will be coming back on July 1 with the mini album Face You, and I can’t wait to see how this music video connects to the last two. Also, I know I’m being a spoiled fan, but DIY music video version of Beautiful-X, please?
2. Starting Level 4 in TTMIK & Reading –Starting Level 4 is a big milestone as this marks the start of the more intermediate lessons in their courses. In fact, I just took the first lesson, and I found it more complicated already. I’m also excited to start working on my reading and writing skills, which I’ll be focusing on every Tuesday and Thursday.
3. Launching Some Marketing Plans- My department isn’t really launching big things this week, but we are launching some campaigns that will boost our social media, and hopefully, boost our website traffic as well. Crossing my fingers and hoping that all goes well!
4. Exercising Daily-So, I decided to step up my exercising from three times a week to daily, and I’m glad that I decided to do so. I felt that exercising thrice a week was a good start, but if I wanted to be serious about being healthy and staying fit, this is the way to go. I exercise with my younger sister, so I immediately had an exercise buddy, which made things easier for me as well.
5. Doing My Half Year Review and Planning – I cannot believe that June is ending and that the last half of 2020 is starting. And, of course, both work wise and personally speaking, it’s also the time to review everything that happened in the first half of the year and plan for the second half of the year. I love planning, but there is a lot to cover. But all the same, I’m pretty excited to start working on it.
How did you like your June and your first half of 2020? Let me know in the comments below!