The month of June is going by so fast! It seems like we just started the month and now we are going into the fourth week of June! I still can’t really make heads or tails of this year at all, but this past week was pretty tiring yet fun for me.
One of the best things that I realized once again last week, and I also mentioned it in my list of favorite things for this week, is that cooking simple yet delicious recipes are really the way to go if you have a tight schedule like mine. I’ve always been a fan of simple meals, as long as they taste great, and rediscovering this now is really a big help. I’ve always been a fan of Rachel Ray and her 15 to 30 minute quick recipes, so it’s really not a surprise; but what I think what happened was that I became more focused on more complicated dishes thinking that the more complicated a dish is, the more delicious it would be.
I really need to work on my sleeping habits more. It’s something that I’ve been mentioning here a lot, but I can start to feel the adverse effects of it already. As my therapist says, I really do need to push myself to really do my night routine, even on days when I watch something exciting such as Kpop comeback showcases, after dinner.
Currently, my night time routine, the routine that really helps me fall asleep is taking a good bath, and then watching/listening to VLives of my favorite Kpop stars, especially if it’s more of the sit down and talking kind of broadcast. My favorite ones are the LieV broadcasts, as they are really designed to help fans fall asleep. They usually invite a group, and the set is set-up with beds, and the group members usually wear pajamas. They talk about some things, play a nice and soothing playlist, and usually do ASMR as well. While there are some groups (hello Stray Kids) and some segments (CIX’s ASMR was just too funny), that won’t help me fall asleep, more often than not, the talking portions make me fall asleep. I think it’s because I usually fall asleep when someone tells me a story while in bed and getting ready to drift of to sleep.
What are your night time routines? What helps you become sleepy? Let me know in the comments below!
The Aspergirl’s Favorite Things for Week 14 (aka the things that keep her sane) 1.The Road to Kingdom Finale– I’ve followed Western survival shows/contests before, but I never really religiously followed a Korean one. So it was really interesting getting to actually follow Road to Kingdom every week, even though I didn’t like the editing that was done on it. I also watched the finale via a livestream (although I did watch an English subbed version later on), and I got to vote as well as they opened up voting to an international audience. Even though I may not agree with their editing, I’ll still probably end up watching Kingdom if groups that I support are on it.
2. Stray Kids’ Comeback- Stray Kids never fails to disappoint me, so it’s no surprise that I enjoyed their first full album a lot. Their title track was great, but I loved all the b-sides more. It’s a great album, and worth a listen! I was also excited as I got to attend the showcase online on VLive, and it turns out that I really do miss watching them! Also, it’s a shame that I forgot to use my lightstick during the online showcase. I’ll take note of that for the upcoming online showcases I’ll be watching.
3. Cooking Quick, Easy but Delicious Dishes- When you have a lot to do, sometimes cooking a quick meal has to become the norm instead of cooking something complicated. Thankfully, there are many recipes out there that are quick and easy to do, but don’t skimp at all when it comes to taste. Also, it becomes even more efficient as I always cook with my sister, so she basically does all the prep work, while I do the cooking itself. Doing things efficiently like this really helps when your schedule is tight.
4. Filming More Videos- As I film more videos, I’m slowly getting more confident in doing them, and I’m getting faster to film as well. I can now film quick ones during the week, instead of just doing them all on weekdays, and I’ve found a better place to film that doesn’t kill my knees. I’m getting a little bit better in terms of editing as well. I’m hoping that over time, I’ll get comfortable enough to actually show my face on camera one day.
5. Almost Finishing a Level in Talk To Me In Korean- I started out this year with the goal of reviewing my past Korean lessons so I could continue in the level that I left off, and as of the moment, I have reached a milestone as after next week, I’ll be done with Level 3 of Talk To Me In Korean! I’m so excited to start Level 4 and to start upping my game as well in other parts of my language studies such as listening and reading.
What the Aspergirl is Looking Forward to Week 15
1.Seventeen’s & Golden Child’s Comebacks- June is really full of comebacks, and I’m very excited for Seventeen’s comeback on June 22 and Golden Child’s comeback on June 23. Seventeen is my current active male group ultimate, and I know that I’m going to love their new mini album. I love all the music they make, but this has a feel of old Seventeen, but not, if you will. Golden Child are on my list of top ten fave kpop groups, and I also love every single song they put out, and I’m so excited as this feels like the second season of WISH (their 3rd Mini Album), while the title track sounds amazing. I really can’t wait!
2. Filming Different Kinds of Videos-Over the next weekend, I’m planning on filming other kinds of videos such as an organizing photocards binder video and a journal with me video, which is much different from filming my Kpop haul videos and unboxings. I think that this variety will not only be good in terms of variety of content on my channel, but it’ll get me used to doing these new kinds of videos as well.
3. Working on Videos for Work- I haven’t really been focusing on the marketing videos for work, so I’m hoping that next week, I’ll really be able to at least finish 1 1/2 or 2 short videos for our company’s social media pages. I’m pretty excited about it, but it takes more planning as it is for a marketing campaign.
4. Getting More Used to Posting on Instagram-Out of all of the social media sites that I use, Instagram is the one that I am least familiar and comfortable with. I’m fine with it when I’m just scrolling on my feed, but taking time to post and caption it on Instagram, especially for my blogs and YouTube channel, is a different thing. I want to build that habit up this week.
5. Writing Drama Reviews Again- As Road to Kingdom has finally come to an end, and as I’m starting to get more used to filming and uploading videos, I think this week or this weekend, I’ll be able to have some time to write drama reviews again.
And that was everything I looked forward to last week, and what I’m looking forward to this week! How about you? Let me know in the comments down below!