Right now, the region I live in, and the cities where I work and live at, are now under a General Community Quarantine. This means that there are establishments and offices that are now slowly opening, for economic reasons. And, of course, we are still being advised to stay home rather than go outside. However, I still count these as weeks under a community quarantine as the quarantine itself hasn’t been lifted totally yet.
I can’t believe that we are already halfway through the year. The first half of 2020 was pretty crazy, both in terms of my personal life, work, and with the state of the world. However, despite all of the stress and anxiety, and despite being stuck at home for the past eleven to twelve weeks, I’ve been really productive and am working on exciting new projects. In fact, during this quarantine period, my work doubled, and I’ve been busier as well.
It also gave me a lot of time to grow, and I’m slowly gaining the confidence to take leaps of faith and to push myself to do some projects which I’m nervous but definitely excited about. I’m definitely looking forward to a busy but well balanced month in June.
Also, I am planning some extra new things for this blog aside from these weekly posts, as it is the start of the second half the year and a time for us to reset our goals. Stay tuned for those!
The Aspergirl’s Favorite Things for Week 11 (aka the things that keep her sane)
1.Celebrating Seventeen’s 5th Year Anniversary- I would have never have thought that I’d be celebrating Seventeen’s 5th Year Anniversary, and my first one since I became a CARAT (Seventeen’s fandom name), in quarantine. However, I did enjoy it very much. It started with them releasing a special music video at 12 midnight, and then they released a hilarious video with them impersonating each other. It was a wonderful celebration of the five years that Seventeen has been around, and a treat for CARATs as well.
2. The Relaunch of Our Company Website- The day of the launch was pretty stressful as there some things that didn’t go as planned, and this whole thing did make me quite anxious, but I’m glad that our revamped company website is now live and that I can breathe a huge sigh of relief that it’s finally up.
3. An Impromptu Zoom Call w/ College Friends- I’m glad that I didn’t give in to being lazy and decided to join an impromptu Zoom call with my friends last week. Also, I’m happy that I was able to also reconnect to another college friend of mine whom I haven’t seen in quite a while!
4. Onewe’s & Monsta X’s Comebacks – Both Onewe’s and Monsta X’s comebacks were amazing and I loved both of the music videos that they put out. However, I still have to listen to Monsta X’s album in full, but from the few songs that I’ve heard of it so far, I really like it a lot.
5. Working on Creative Projects- As I’ve been hinting in my post, I’ve been working on some interesting new creative projects that is connected to my other blog, The Kat’s Cafe. It’s been something I’ve been planning and dreaming of doing, and I’m so excited to actually make it public sometime in June.
What the Aspergirl is Looking Forward to Week 12
1.Learning More About AB6IX – In preparation for their comeback on June 8, 2020, I’ll be learning a lot more about Brand New Music’s AB6IX this week. They are a rookie group who debuted last year whose music I do really enjoy, and this comeback is the perfect opportunity for me to get to know more about them.
2. Working on Creative Projects-There’s a lot of work that has be done for my big creative project that I’ll be launching this month, but I’m very eager to work on it. This project will push and challenge me as a content creator, and while I’m pretty sure there will be moments in which I’ll overthink, I’m very excited to work on these.
3. Organizing my Photocard Binders- I’ve been meaning to organize and prep my photocard binder for some time now, but I kept on delaying it as I procrastinated buying more pocket sleeves to store them in. Now that I have a bunch of sleeves coming in, I have no excuse now to delay this.
4. Finishing My Korean Review and Moving On to New Lessons- In my Korean studies, I’m now reaching the point of my review in which I am now transitioning to lessons that I haven’t taken yet, which is both intimidating yet exciting. I’m glad that I can move forward with my lessons even though the lessons are getting to be a little bit more complicated than what I’m used to.
5. Finally Getting my Infinite Lightstick- As a Kpop collector, one of the things that I collect aside from photocards and albums are lightsticks, specifically lightsticks from my top favorite groups. Infinite is one of my favorite kpop groups of all time, and its pretty hard to get a hold of their lightstick. So, when I saw a pre-order for this in early 2020, I decided to get it, and its finally going to arrive this week, just in time for their 10th Anniversary next week!
And that’s all from me for this week! How are you doing? What do you think of 2020 so far? What are you looking forward to this week? Let me know in the comments below!