These past two weeks have gone by so fast and have honestly been the hottest weeks recorded in my country as of late, a reminder that summer is here, but one without the usual trips to the beach, Tagaytay or Baguio due to the current situation. Aside from this, many people are confused and anxious about what the new normal will be looking like, especially in Metro Manila as we are now in a state of Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ) now. Worries and anxieties aside, I’m pretty sure that I still really won’t be going out of my village yet, and I’m excited as well as there are many new and interesting new things and plans coming my way for the next two months.
To be honest, everyone is still confused about the MECQ and as to how it will be implemented, especially in terms of public transportation. As for me, I know that I need to mentally and emotionally prepare myself for the eventuality that I will have to go to the office if I really need to. Despite video adverts showing all the new safety and sanitation practices that establishments will be implementing, I am not sure how I will deal with things when I’m actually in that situation. However, for now, my therapist and I are working on small baby steps to help for that eventuality- starting with just walking up and down my street (with a mask, of course), starting next week.
Also, I’m not sure if you feel this way as well, but I’ve grown pretty comfortable with the routine I have right now while working from home, and to be honest, I’ve never been more productive in my life than I am now. I’m also busier than before, something I didn’t think was going to happen when I started working from home due to the lockdown.
The next two months, starting from next week, will actually be pretty busy and exciting for me in terms of work and my blogs. For both, there are new and exciting things that I’m starting to lay the groundwork for that, and in terms of both my blogs, I’ll be challenging myself a little bit more as well as a content creator (I’m actually a little bit shy about these new things I’ll be doing for the blogs, but I’m excited as well!) I guess all of this will keep me busy enough not to worry too much about my anxieties, but I’ll have to remember to continue to keep a balanced schedule so as not to get too burned out.
The Aspergirl’s Favorite Things for Week 5 (aka the things that keep her sane)
1.Getting into Monsta X- A few months ago, I would have never pegged myself to become a fan (Monbebe). When it comes to me actually beginning to stan a new group to add to my list all I need is a little push , and I got it in the form of their younger brother group Cravity, as Monsta X’s Joohoney produced a song for them, “Jumper”, which I really liked. As of the moment, I’m a relatively new fan as I have discovered and really like their whole discography and have picked out my favorite members. However, I do feel that this will be a group that will be pretty special to me and will rank high among the groups that I follow and listen to, and I’m excited and nervous to begin that ride. (That is, after I go through Onewe, Oneus and AB6IX videos first.)
2.Having 돼지고기볶음 (Spicy Stir Fried Pork)– One thing I appreciate when it comes to cooking at home is the fact that we get to try cooking dishes that we loved to eat at restaurants and this is one of them. It turned out great and we also added in some tteokbokki as our family loves eating that as well.
3. Celebrating Onewe’s 1st Anniversary- As you all know, I have a big soft spot for K idol bands, and Onewe is pretty special as I was anticipated and was there for their (re) debut last May 13. I don’t have a lot of groups that I really knew since pre-debut, so I’m glad that Onewe we is one of the first groups that’s like that on my list. They are a talented bunch and to celebrate, I made a spread about them on my journal, something I’ve also never done before.
4. Creating New Plans for my Blogs – It’s been a long time since I sat down to figure things for both my blogs, as work pretty much took over my life last year and earlier this year. And while I’m still in the process of creating new and exciting plans for both these blogs, I’m also excited that I’ll be implementing it little by little.
5. Fixing My Planner/Journal Set-Up- At the start of the year I had a particular journal and planner set-up in mind, as I did want to get back into journaling, but because of many things (shipping delays and all), I still don’t have my extra planner which was supposed to be my journal. So, instead of just waiting for it, I just decided to figure out a set up that would already work, and I’m glad that I did as my new journal set up allows me to journal and to create random spreads in it if I want to.
What the Aspergirl is Looking Forward to Next Week
1. An Online Event My Team is Hosting For Work- While I’m no stranger to creating events, this coming Saturday, my small department and I will be hosting our very first online talk/webinar, with guests that we lined up before everything got locked down. As this is the first time I’ve ever done it, I’m quite nervous, but excited for it as well.
2. NCT 127’s Repackaged Album- Although I haven’t fully gotten that deep into NCT or NCT 127 yet, I’m quite excited about their comeback on May 19. Again, even if I’m not a fully fledged fan yet, I’m still counting this as my first actual NCT 127 comeback, and from what I’ve heard of the new tracks, I think I’m going to like it a lot.
3. Being Better w/my Sleep Schedule- One of the things that I have been neglecting lately is my sleep. I’ve been having a harder time winding/calming down before going to bed, and because I feel like the day is just too short to do things. However, I’m hoping to sleep earlier, around 10PM or 12AM instead of my usual 1-2AM.
4. Learning More About Data Visualization & Vlogging- Data Visualization is something that I’ve been meaning to get into since last year, as it will help me to make the reports that I do for work better. My problem is that I’m good when it comes to words, but its hard for me to visualize things, so I’m excited to learn more about it and to apply it at work. I’ve also been wanting to learn how to vlog and create videos on my own, both for work, and as it is a good skill set to have as a content creator.
5. Implementing New Plans Slowly In My Blogs- As mentioned earlier, I have lots of exciting new plans for the blogs, and I’m glad that I can start rolling them out slowly, but always with the mindset of continuously improving.
Are you looking forward to this week? What were your favorite things from last week? Are you guys still in quarantine mode or are you allowed to venture out of your homes and villages? Let me know in the comments below!