I cannot believe that we have already reached the six week mark of the enhanced community quarantine in Manila, which means that this lockdown has gone on for two months already. Unsurprisingly, our government also recently announced that the lockdown will be extended until May 15, which means that my current routines will be my new normal until then. However, despite being two months in, I feel that I still haven’t gotten to the level of my ideal current routine, but it’s getting there.
For me, this past week felt like things have gotten back to normal, and I managed to somewhat modify my routines to a more idealized and optimized routine for now, while setting more realistic expectations for myself.
One of the new things I discovered this week is that it’s actually way better to do your exercise in the morning, right after you get out of bed and have a glass of water, than to do it another time during the day. I think it’s because it’s good that you get your body moving as soon as you wake up, and because putting it off until later doesn’t really guarantee that you’ll actually do it as work and surprise tasks often pop up during the day.
I used to be against this as I’m usually hungry when I wake up in the morning, and me on an empty stomach is not a pretty sight to behold (I get really cranky). However, I’ve been discovering that I can actually exercise well with just that glass of water, and a glass of almond milk afterwards, while preparing breakfast.
I also realized that it’s really good that I deliberately set aside time to engage in my hobbies. It’s a deliberate decision that I made as I felt that I would also need a break from working and working on my blog in order to recharge. It gives me something else to think about, so when I get back to work on Mondays, I’m able to look at things with refreshed and different eyes.
I think next week will be all about me really starting to really implement and doing this more optimized routine of mine, and I can’t wait.
The Aspergirl’s Favorite Things for Week 5 (aka the things that keep her sane)
1.Watching Oneus’ & Onewe’s Pre-Debut Reality Show- These two groups have been on my list for a while now, and Oneus joining a Korean reality contest show called “Road to Kingdom” made me get into them more. Onewe is their brother group, a band, and I started getting more into them as they are scheduled to drop an album in May. One thing I loved about their pre-debut reality show is that at a certain point, both groups were on it, not just as individual groups/teams, but there were also some tasks that they did with different mixes of Oneus and Onewe members. Also, my bias in Onewe, Dongmyeong, has a younger twin brother in Oneus, and their interactions with each other are just so cute.
2. Putting Up Some of my Kpop Photocards For Trade (finally!)- Ever since last year, I’ve been wanting to work on trading my photocards for the cards that I need. However, I think I needed to refine and figure out who in each group I’ll be collecting, and since I was able to do that, I was able to finally put some cards up for trade online. I do hope that I’ll be able to find trades soon in order to move forward in building my ever growing collection.
3.Watching Golden Child’s Crazy Petty Reunion webshow- No matter what they do, I will watch Golden Child in any kind of content they put out. I especially like this somewhat sequel to “Crazy Petty Housemates” as it feels more like a variety show than an actual web show as the first episode had a blind drinking taste test contest, and the second episode had a music/dance contest. But I really like it as it was just the boys being themselves, plus they did short covers of Infinite songs, so that’s a plus!
4. Playing SMTown Superstar & Woollim Superstar – I’ve been waiting for Woollim Superstar to drop, and I’m glad that I have this game on my phone! Even if not all the songs are there, I’m having fun playing it, and it’s probably the only Superstar game (for now) in which I’ll actually play all of the songs on it. I’ve been playing SMTown Superstar as well, but instead of playing more EXO and NCT songs, I ended up going on a trip to memory lane and started playing songs such as TVXQ’s “Rising Sun”, Super Junior’s “Sorry Sorry”, and Girl’s Generation’s “Gee”, “Oh”, “Into the New World”, “Run Devil Run”, etc.
5.Eating Homemade Korean Food for Breakfast- We recently found Korean stores that actually deliver to our village, and because of that, my sister and I have been able to whip up some simple Korean breakfasts such as an egg omelette/pancake with rice and spring onions, soup made from gochujang with tteokbeokki and egg. We also made a refreshing cucumber and gochujang side dish, and made another batch of vegan kimchi!
What the Aspergirl is Looking Forward to Next Week
1.My Brothers’ Birthdays- The end of April is a fun one for our family as my brothers have birthdays one day apart from each other. However, this year is a little bit different due to the circumstances, but I’m pretty sure that their birthdays will be meaningful ones.
2. Oh My Girl’s Comeback (7th Mini Album)- I have liked Oh My Girl’s music ever since last year, but as I got a little bit more into them this year, this is my first comeback with them, and I’m so excited for it to drop on April 27 at 6PM! The girls look great and playful in the image teasers, and the entire album, from the teasers, sound great. Can’t wait!
3. NCT Dream’s Comeback- I haven’t gotten too deep into NCT as a whole yet, but I think that Dream’s music has been more of my style as compared to NCT 127, although I like their music too. This basically their last comeback before the Dream unit becomes a rotational one, meaning that they’ll be distributed into other units as their main ones, but can still promote as Dream from time to time with all of the original seven members (Mark, Haechan, Jisung, Chenle, Renjun, Jaemin, Jeno). It’s confusing, but I’m very much looking forward to my first comeback with NCT Dream.
4. Starting a New Kdrama (“WWW:Search”)- The past few weeks, I’ve been talking about the Kdrama “Itaewon Class” pretty highly. After watching the entire drama, I can only say that the first half was magical, and then it quickly lost its spark towards the latter half, and I was quite disappointed in it (mostly the writing). So, with that said, I’m very much looking forward to moving on to a new Kdrama this week- WWW: Search.
5. Finishing Queendom & the start of Road to Kingdom – The reality show “Road to Kingdom” will start airing on April 30, and I am beyond excited for it. I know that it is a competition, but I am looking forward to seeing how these boy groups challenge themselves as artists and to all the interactions the groups will have with each other. I’m actually a fan of almost all of the groups on the show, so I think it’ll be fun rather than stressful for me (I hope!) However, before that, I really need to actually finish the show that started it all-Queendom.
How was your week? Do you have a favorite exercise that you like to do, especially during the lockdown? What are you looking forward to next week? Let me know in the comments below!