At this point in time, I thought that things would be a bit more normal, or whatever the normal feels like nowadays. However, week 5 proved to be a little bit more emotional than I expected- maybe because I’m interacting with my family more now compared to the previous weeks, or because I still have some pent up emotions that haven’t come out yet since more than a month ago. Whatever the case is, I think I should let go of that expectation of wanting at least one week that feels “normal”, because it will just make me disappointed. I still have a long way to go when it comes to “letting go” of expectations, no matter how small they are.
For some reason, this week felt a little bit like I was in limbo. Maybe it’s because I was expecting the week to feel more normal than usual, which I shouldn’t have done.
I’ve been interacting a lot more with my family this past week as compared to the past few weeks, and while that’s a good thing, I have to adjust a bit again. It’s actually really funny because you’d expect that letting go of particular house assignments would be easy to do, but for me, that means that I have to adjust certain routines and ways of thinking that I’ve gotten used to over the past month.
I also surprisingly emotional this week, but I think that aside from other factors, I think that at this point, I’m just a bit tired. After all, I’ve been pretty much running on adrenaline, and its only the past week that I actually got to relax a bit, and that is also a big adjustment for me in a way. At this point, I’d love to go on vacation, but I also don’t know how to have a good “staycation” at home, especially now.
I’m also feeling a bit conflicted about the government what will happen moving forward, especially if the government decides to lift the quarantine on April 30. I think it’s going to be modified lockdown, but I don’t think I’d feel comfortable enough to go out of the house until the death rate here starts going down. I’m also pretty anxious that if I do, my mysophobia will come back again, and at this point in time, it’s gotten much better as there haven’t been any big triggers for me.
One thing that I am very happy about is the fact that I have my bedroom back, which means that I have my bookshelves and my desk/home office space back again. I’ve missed it a lot!
The Aspergirl’s Favorite Things for Week 5 (aka the things that keep her sane)
1.Being Back in my Bedroom- I’m finally back in familiar territory! There’s just something about having my personal things around me that makes me feel comfortable and helps me to be more productive, whether it be for work or for my blogs or hobbies. I missed my room a lot, and I’m so glad to be back.
2. Watching “Itaewon Class” w/my sister- Park Seo Joon’s dramas rarely disappoint, and this is no exception to the rule. I’m going to sound like a broken record, but I’m enjoying ever single minute of this drama, and the emotional roller coaster ride its making me go through. Plus, I love watching Kdramas with my sister, so us watching this together is an added bonus.
3.Getting to know Oneus more- Ever since they debuted last year, I wanted to learn more about the Kpop group Oneus, especially as they are the brother group of idol band Onewe. (Quite literally the youngest Oneus member has a twin brother in Onewe). As they are also competing in “Road to Kingdom”, I decided that it was high time for me to get to know Oneus more, and I certainly did by watching some episodes of their pre-debut reality show with Onewe.
4. Checked In w/a Good Friend- One of the great things about this quarantine is that all of a sudden, I’ve become a little bit more social than before as you can hang out with friends online or on the phone. Last week, I was able to catch up with a good friend of mine from high school whom I haven’t talked to in several months.
5.Working on my photocard collection & made some templates- Organizing and figuring what photocards your collecting in your Kpop photocard collection is no easy task. However, I am glad that I was able to do some re-organizing over the weekend. I also was able to create some photocard templates (basically a visual template of photocards you would need to collect per Kpop album) for a favorite group of mine as I couldn’t find any for some of their albums.
What the Aspergirl is Looking Forward to Next Week
1.Watching Episodes of Golden Child’s Crazy Housemates Reunion (Webshow)- Last year, before they came out of their year long hiatus with a great comeback, Golden Child, a kpop group I like, had a small web show called “Crazy Petty Housemates”. It wasn’t perfect, but it was great to see the boys try something new. Just recently, they announced that they would be having another web show, which sort of acts like a prequel to the show, and the episodes drop every Friday night on VLive, and on their official YouTube every Saturday. The first episode was really funny, so I’m looking forward to the upcoming episodes!
2. Getting to know Oneus & Onewe more- Last week, I started getting to know Oneus a bit more by watching their pre-debut reality show, and this week, the episodes I’ll be watching of this has more of Onewe. Aside from hitting two birds with one stone, aside from gearing up for “Road to Kingdom” for Oneus, this will help me gear up for Onewe’s May comeback, which, I do believe is an actual full album. (Finally.)
3. Cooking w/my Sister- I’ve always liked to cook, but cooking with someone not only allows you to finish cooking faster, you’ll be able to bond with others as well. I haven’t really cooked with my younger sister in quite some time, so it will be fun to cook with her again, as having her cooking with me means that there will be more variety in menu choices as well, as I’m pretty sure she’ll suggest interesting dishes to cook.
4. Watching Sunggyu’s 2018 1st Solo Concert Shine- Kpop group Infinite’s leader, Kim Sunggyu, is one of my favorite vocalists in Kpop, and since he’ll be celebrating his birthday on the 28th, I plan to watch it on VLive as it is available there, and will write about that experience as well. This means, I’ll be watching it this weekend, and I can’t wait!
5. Playing more Pokemon – I wasn’t able to play Pokemon last week, but I hope that I’ll be able to play more of it this weekend. I also kind of want to be a bit smarter about how I play it as well, and I want to be able to have a better strategy when it comes to my main team and when I engage in battles.
How did your week go? What are you looking forward to in the coming week? Let me know in the comments below!